Examine the leadership principles, health education policies, and social and behavioral change theories that guide effective community health education and advocacy.
Explore social justice principles that impact healthcare decisions and practice as well as the theoretical foundations of governance and public policy.
Through the Leadership specialization, you can build competencies in organizational change management, team building, mediation, collaboration, and systems thinking and planning.
Examine microeconomic and macroeconomic models, the influence of public finance on policy decisions, and the tools and techniques used to evaluate the impact of social programs.
Choose to cover topics on health policy, health education and promotion, healthcare administration, and more in this self-designed specialization.
Ask an enrollment specialist about the accelerated program offered for students who have earned an MHA from Walden or another accredited university, allowing you to save time and money on your PhD.
In this program, you will:
- Gain the knowledge needed to help identify and address critical concerns related to the U.S. healthcare system
- Combine your interests in health services and public health and broaden your career options in the private and public sectors
- Enhance your critical thinking and decision-making skills as you learn to assume greater responsibility in leadership positions
- Work toward the same degree as prominent Walden graduates who are leaders in the field, including both a participant in the highly competitive Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Nurse Faculty Scholars Program and a past president of the National Association of County and City Health Officials
Additionally, this program offers face-to-face residencies that allow you to network with expert faculty members and other doctoral students while you hone your research, writing, and critical thinking skills.
A Personalized Guide to Completing Your Doctorate
Earning your online PhD in Health Services requires commitment, perseverance, and hard work. You can do it, and Walden is here to help—with our Doctoral Degree Coach™.
- Map and Track Milestones: Break your research down into manageable, sequential steps. See where you are, what’s ahead, and what you’ve already accomplished—all in one place.
- Meet Weekly Targets: No more guesswork. Set prompts based on your to-do list and receive reminders and updates directly to your inbox.
- Connect With Faculty: Stay on the same page and keep your progress on track. With shared access to your dashboard, your chair can easily guide you through your checklists, goals, and timelines.
- Access Helpful Resources: Quickly find support from the right person at the right time. Our comprehensive resource guide points you in the right direction—no more frustrating searches.