Throughout your time at Walden, you will receive continuous support from your faculty members and your dissertation/doctoral study mentor. They will help you formulate your questions, find answers, and apply what you’ve learned. If you are a doctoral student, our faculty serve as your:
- Mentors — The leader of your capstone committee, your mentor will encourage and challenge you. He or she provides expert advice, defines learning objectives, recommends relevant resources, and evaluates your work.
- Assessors — Additional faculty members will offer diverse perspectives, resulting in a more comprehensive learning experience.
- Capstone Partners — Led by the dissertation/doctoral study committee chairperson, the committee members you select will guide you through your proposal, research and analysis, and final oral presentation.
We understand how important it is to provide you with the resources and services you need to balance your studies with your professional and personal commitments. As a result, our online education experience centers on your unique needs as an adult learner.
As a student at Walden you will:
- Get a view of online education from the inside
- Find out how the faculty is engaged in every aspect of your learning
- Explore how you can collaborate with faculty and fellow students from across the United States and potentially around the world
You can also learn more about some of the special learning opportunities that may be in your program, such as:
- Residencies that promote opportunities for networking and collaboration
- Practicums and internships that provide real-world learning opportunities
- Capstone courses that offer opportunities to showcase newly acquired knowledge and skills
- Virtual Field Experience (VFE®) that allows you to observe and learn from experts in your field
Learn more about Walden’s unique approach to distance education. Request information or speak with an enrollment advisor by calling 8552035779.