The educational and life goals of the students in Walden’s graduate and undergraduate programs are as diverse and unique as the students themselves.
Our students are committed to pursuing an education that will not only open doors to personal and professional achievement, but will also allow them to have a positive impact on their community and the world around them.
Three values—quality, integrity, and student-centered learning—are at the core of the university. A commitment to these values demands:
- High standards of excellence.
- Uncompromising openness and honesty.
- Primary attention to the progress of our students towards their goals.
Walden University was founded in 1970 by two teachers seeking a better way for adults to pursue advanced degrees without leaving the workforce.
That vision meant rethinking a brick-and-mortar classroom to allow broader access through distance education. Our proven track record in online higher education has grown our learning community to include more than 52,600 students and more than 96,000 alumni worldwide.
Today, we continue to find new and innovative ways to support the unique needs of adult learners like you. Our online degree programs are developed to advance your knowledge and help you apply that knowledge in ways that impact your profession and your community through:
- Quality programs
- A focus on relevant, actionable learning
- Superior student support
- A path for lifelong learning
We understand how important it is to provide you with the resources and services you need to balance your studies with your professional and personal commitments. As a result, our online education experience centers on your unique needs as an adult learner.
As a student at Walden you will:
- Get a view of online education from the inside.
- Find out how the faculty is engaged in every aspect of your learning.
- Explore how you can collaborate with faculty and fellow students from across the United States and potentially around the world.
You can also learn more about some of the special learning opportunities that may be in your program, such as:
- Residencies that promote opportunities for networking and collaboration.
- Practicums and internships that provide real-world learning opportunities.
- Capstone courses that offer opportunities to showcase newly acquired knowledge and skills.
- Virtual Field Experience (VFE®) that allows you to observe and learn from experts in your field.
Learn more about Walden’s unique approach to distance education. Request information or speak with an enrollment advisor by calling 855-589-5866.
Walden’s faculty members enrich the online university’s learning community with their wide range of educational, cultural, and experiential backgrounds. They are gifted instructors and expert mentors who are selected for their academic and industry credentials as well as for their teaching abilities.
As active participants in your learning, our faculty is eager to help you succeed. Learn more about our faculty.